Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it safe to have oil and acrylic paints around when TTC?

I have many tubes of acrylic and oil paints in the room where I always stay at. I've always wondered if they're safe for TTC and pregnancy.





The tubes say they're safe, but I just want to make sure. And would they be harmful for a baby to inhale?





Oh, and are clays safe too?Is it safe to have oil and acrylic paints around when TTC?
It is hard to know. If you keep the tubes sealed, it ought to be okay if the tubes say the contents are non-toxic.





But I also think you ought to take a look at the ingredients of the tubes. In the irredescent silver in my acrylics, stainless steel is an ingredient, and mica is an ingredient in the rest of my irredescent colors. Obviously the steel and mica in those tubes are micorscopic, but if ingested, I should think it would be potentially dangerous if a baby got into them and swallowed them.





I doubt simple exposure to them is dangerous.





I do not know anything about clays, so no comments there.Is it safe to have oil and acrylic paints around when TTC?
yeah all of these things are fine, if ever in doubt google it

No comments:

Post a Comment