Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do u get an oil stain out of a shirt?

I somehow got vegetable oil on my very pretty shirt, and i can't seem to get the stain out. I even used Dawn dishsoap and Shout, but the oil stain is still there :(How do u get an oil stain out of a shirt?
I usually use Joy dishwasing detergent, but it probably won't work any better than Dawn. There is a laundry treatment called De-Solv-It which works like wonders on greasy stains and should do well on oil. Another option is Oxyclean which is made to work on organic stains. Of course, you need to test for colorfastness with either of these products.





Good luck!How do u get an oil stain out of a shirt?
take it to the dry cleaners
Try to pour a very hot water on the stain.
Use toothpaste. Be surprised on how it works.
wash it with a can of coke a cola added to the wash.
';goo gone';


it takes out pretty much everything
u can try paint thinner, or gasoline
get some dawn dish detergent it works i promise my husband uses it all the time with oil stains from work and he works at a resturant
Gasoline dissolves oil ...... don't use much because it is hard to rinse out the odour ....... it works like a charm ! ....Good Luck !
Try Dawn dish detergent. It works great!
the best cleaner spray stuff is Zout





But i don't if it'll get out oil stains
I had a dress that I got oil on and it was on there for about a year. I finally used some Greased Lightning, sprayed it on the stains, let it sit overnight, and washed it. It took about 2 or 3 times of doing this, but it worked, and it doesn't hurt the fabric. At least, it hasn't hurt mine.
use kerosene oil but in a small quantity and then rinse it with nice fragrant washing powder .this will do .best of luck.
You put it over your head %26amp; SHOUT it out or use Spray and Wash. I prefer Spray N' Wash, it works best on oily stains, I hope this helps.
Scissors
I don't know, but if any of these work let me know. I did the same thing to a brand new pair of pants!
I don't know if this will help but this site has a lot of home remedies on it. I haven't had the time to read them all


www.wackyuses.com


I really hope this helps you. If not with this problem it will help with a lot of others
This is tough, the shirt is ruined anyway, so if it were me I would try using dawn dish liquid and hot water right on the stain. Hope it helps. :)
baking soda %26amp; dawn
Use Vanish! it claims to remove pretty much all stains.
I HEARD THAT POWDER CAN TAKE OUT OIL AND GREASE STAINS

No comments:

Post a Comment