Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do you check the oil pressure on a 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport?

I am thinking I may need to have the oil pump replaced...so if you could tell me how to do that as well I would appreciate it. And how long it should take?How do you check the oil pressure on a 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport?
You need an oil pressure gauge that screws into the oil pressure sending unit hole after removing the sending unit. I've never seen a bad oil pump on a Mitsubishi, why do you think you need one? Montero Sports have a piston slap noise when cold that sounds like a knock, if that's what you hear, just keep driving and change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles. Use factory oil filters. Fram filters cause problems when used on Mitsubishi vehicles.


The oil pressure gauge in the dash is not a reliable reading, they always seem to read low.


A one hour labor charge is fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment