Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can you bake cake without oil or butter?

I love cake, but I dont like to use oil or buttter, is there any recipe that will give me a moist cake without using any oils. Thank youCan you bake cake without oil or butter?
I think that for the proper chemical reaction to take place in order for the mixture to become ';cake'; it requires some basic ingredients, and a 'fat' is one of them.





There are other ingredients that you can substitute, like sugar and honey. Or white and whole wheat flour. Butter for oil or margarine. But, the basics still have to be met, I am sure.





I've have added applesauce to a cake before for it to be moist, and there are other recipes that I have, I would be happy to send them to you, that are moist... but, I don't think that you can completely avoid the use of a 'fat' in one form or another.





...I just checked my cake cookbook...there was none in there, that I noticed, that have no 'fat' listed...





Sorry. If you are going with a more 'healthy' approach, I use butter. It just tastes better and it isn't artificial. Also, PARCHMENT...it is the best invention! It reduces the fat a lot!


(I even tried parchment for a lasagna 2 nights ago, and it worked!...yeah, no messy pan!!)


(Parchment is about $2.99 at the grocery store).





:-) Good luck :-)Can you bake cake without oil or butter?
Try to use applesauce. I heard it is a great sub.
Wouldn't try it!
Yes, applesauce will definitely give you a moist cake.
You normally can replace the oil in cakes or in brownies with apple sauce. They are not a greasy and still taste great. I have done it with brownies, but never with a cake. Good luck
Sure, use applesauce instead. conversion is the same cup for cup. It's a great way to cut the oil in your recipes. All cake recipes. (I've even tried it in my oatmeal coookies, and it works!)
sure but perhaps not cake as we know it.





google lemons bars. those are great and if you are savy enough they dont have to be lemon flavoured.





also. so the cake doesnt stick to the bottom of the pan just use parchment paper.
Melt the butter instead of keeping cold and take the care out 5-10 mintues before its even done my cakes turn out NICE and MOIST!!!





parchment paper does not work it will still stick the bottom does not get all the way done i dont recommend to use to!
change the oil to applesauce. same measurements. keeps the cake moist, and you don't taste applesauce. good luck.





';drama queen';, she said NO butter....
  • skin care products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment