Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I check the oil level in my transaxle case -- chevy express van?

I have a 97 chevy can and I sometimes feel a rough engagement in the rear. I see two large square looking plugs, do I unscrew these or do I pry off the round seals on the other end of the case?





ThanksHow do I check the oil level in my transaxle case -- chevy express van?
Please don't tackle the job yourself! Go to a trusted repair garage and pay them to do it for you.How do I check the oil level in my transaxle case -- chevy express van?
You do not have a transaxle.
You have a rear differential, not a transaxle. You need to


remove the top plug, reach a finger inside the hole, the oil


should be just below the opening. If you cannot feel the oil,


you need to put some in. Check your owner's manual to


find out the correct type of differential oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment