Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do i change the oil on a ford ranger 1999?

I have never done any car work, but I hear this is relatively easy. I would like to do this and avoid taking it into a shop... On average how much will i save by doing this myself?How do i change the oil on a ford ranger 1999?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJG-Jxp3e鈥?/a>How do i change the oil on a ford ranger 1999?
Drive to parts store.


By oil, filter, and drain pan, oil filter wrench, drain plug wrench.


Drive back home.


Drain oil, remove oil filter making sure the rubber gasket is not stuck to the oil filter adapter.


Put oil pan plug back in.


Install new filter after putting a light coating of oil on the oil filter O ring.


You may want to pre fill the oil filter to make it easier on your engine when you first start it.





Add 4 quarts of oil.


Start engine, check for leaks.


Dispose of used oil properly.
Get under your truck and find the oil pan and oil filter. Take the screw out of the oil pan and let it drain. Make sure you have something to let it drain into. Then remove the oil filter. Replace the filter with a new one. Put the plug back in the oil pan, and put oil back in from the top. There should be a little Oil can icon on the cap. I dont know haow many quarts you Ranger takes maybe 5 or 6. I usually save about 15 dollars everytime I change my own.
  • skin care products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment