Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do you make truffle oil?

Truffle oil in my area is not available. I was able to by a bottle of black truffles. How long should i keep it in olive oil ? Or is there a special procedure in making truffle oil?How do you make truffle oil?
Truffle oil is created when truffles are soaked in olive oil. Before commercial truffle oil was introduced in the 1980s, chefs in Italy and France traditionally made their own by steeping tiny bits of fresh truffles in high-quality olive oil.





Ways in which truffle oil can be used in your cooking are limited only by your imagination. Be sure and try out some of my favorite recipes below.





Storing Truffle Oil: Bottled truffle oil loses aroma over time as it is a truffle extract infusion. This delicate oil loses characteristic aroma quickly, so store in the refrigerator. If you are a truffle fanatic, like me, you'll have no trouble using it before the aroma is weakened. Even though it is recommended that you keep your oils in a dark, cool cabinet, I always keep my rarely used ones in the refrigerator. Since I started doing this, my truffle oil has not lost its aroma. The oil will cloud up and solidify, but that dissipates once you bring the oil back to room temperature.How do you make truffle oil?
Please do not!!! You may visit WilliamsSonoma.com and purchase truffle oil.
slice the truffes and let them sit in the oil for 48 hour the flavor will be very mild because you can not put the truffes under pressure Buy fresh truffes in the fall you will have better flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment